Notice of Resident Option to Request Initial Inspection of the Rental Unit
1. You are hereby notified that you have the legal right to request an initial inspection of you unit, and you have the right to be present during that inspection.
2. The purpose of this inspection is to allow you the opportunity to correct any deficiencies in the unit in order to avoid deductions from the security deposit.
3. You may not make any repairs that are prohibited by the rental agreement or lease.
4. After the initial inspection, the Owner/Agent will provide you with an Itemized Statement specifying the repairs or cleaning that will be the basis for any deductions to the security deposit. This will not be a final accounting of deductions from the security deposit.
5. You may make the corrections (that are not prohibited by the rental agreement or by law) during the period following the inspection through the termination of the tenancy in order to avoid deductions from the security deposit.
6. You have the right to be present during the inspection, however, the inspection may take place in your absence with your consent.
7. No later than three weeks (21 days) after Owner/Agent has regained possession of the premises, Owner/Agent will provide you with an itemized disposition of security deposit, indicating the basis for, and the amount of, any security deposit received and the disposition of the security, and Owner/Agent will return any remaining portion of the security deposit to you.
Contact us to get started!
Thank you for taking time to learn more about RPM Executives. If you own rental property or wish to rent a home in California, please contact us anytime. We look forward to assisting you.
22777 Lyons Avenue Ste 211B
Newhall, CA 91321
CA DRE License #01839505